Welcome to South Landing CrossFit! We are passionate about movement and using movement to enhance the lives around us. That might be losing a few pounds, increasing strength and mobility, or a sport specific goal. Whatever your goals are, we want to meet you where you are at and formulate a plan for where you want to go.
Our CrossFit training program is customized for individuals of all skill levels, and we are able to work around any mobility concerns or previous injuries that need attention. We are about movement, but using movement for longterm health and wellness, not short term gains.
We would love the opportunity to meet you and see how we can help you move towards your goals. We always offer a complimentary No Sweat Intro.
Workout of the Day
South Landing CrossFit - CrossFit
Sled Push (Weight)
50 ft Sled Push x 7 Sets
*Add weight to sled for first 4 Sets and decrease weight for final 3 sets
**As weight increases, speed of push will slow down and vice versa
***Over course of 7 sets, Accumulate the following:
3 Minutes Sorneson Hold 2 Minute Handstand Hold (Wall Facing) 4 sets of 8-12 Reps: PVC Tricep Push Down
What is CrossFit
As CrossFitters, we are bombarded with advice in the health and wellness department, and it’s easy to get lost in the vast amount of information. So without much ado, let’s discuss a topic that I feel is extremely important moving forward: Overtraining and Inadequate Recovery.
Ever unable to make it to the gym and just want to move? Or maybe you’re on a trip and need some hotel workout inspiration? Here are our 5 at home/hotel workouts you can do at anytime, anywhere.
- "How Fast Can You Push": 5 Rounds For Time: Run 200m 10 Squats 10 Push Ups (modify pushups as needed)
- "Tabata Burpees, Situps, and Jumping Jacks": Complete 8 rounds of 20 seconds of work, followed by 10 seconds of rest. You will complete 8 rounds of each movement before moving to the next movement (you will be on each movement for 4 minutes total): Burpees...Situps (or plank)... Jumping Jacks!
- "Ready, set, go!" : For time run 1 mile -- complete 5 pushups & 5 jumping air squats every minute of your run.
- “The Grind”: For time: run 400 meters... complete 50 Squats... run 400 meters... complete 50 Push-ups (modify reps or modify to knee pushups if needed)... run 400 meters... complete 50 Sit- ups...run 400 meters
- “The Test”: 2 minute max burpees...1 minute break... 2 minutes max sit ups... 1 minute break... 2 minute max squats