south landing crossfit
HELPING YOU LIVE YOUR HEALTHIEST LIFE
COVID-19: Prioritizing Health (UPDATE 5/23)
Reopening is a cause for celebration. People are meant to be together. But, this is also a time for us to continue playing our part in committing to a serious response to the current health crisis affecting our country. At South Landing CrossFit, we prioritize health. Our Phase Two protocols are in place to ensure you continue to see our gym as a safe (and fun) place to become your healthiest self.
Group classes and member protocols
- Classes are capped at 10 members to ensure we maintain social distancing guidelines, with pre-registration available 72 hours in advance.
- Group classes are now 45 minutes instead of 60 minutes in order to allow for sanitizing procedures in between classes.
- Members are required to self-assess their health with pre-screening questions before participating in group classes.
- Members cannot enter the gym prior to five minutes before their class starts. All non-essential personal belongings must stay in cars to minimize potential transfer and contact opportunities.
- Members are required to have a mask at their workout station. Wearing a mask is optional as long as a 12 ft. distance is maintained between other individuals.
- Individuals must sanitize their hands upon entering the gym.
- All individuals must maintain a six-foot distance from each other at all times (masks required for a distance of 6 ft. or less). Should members not have a mask on, members must maintain a twelve-foot distance from each other.
- All equipment and workout stations must be sanitized after each use.
- All coaches will follow pre-screening guidelines to ensure they are healthy before working. If they do not pass these guidelines, another coach will take the shift.
- Coaches will wear a mask whenever they cannot maintain a twelve-foot distance between members and other staff. They will also actively work to ensure members are following social distancing guidelines.
- Coaches will shower and wear fresh clothes before any work shift. They will also change into a new set of clothes prior to leaving the gym in order to minimize potential transfers and contacts.
- Between classes, coaches will either apply sanitizer or wash their hands (at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap)
- Coaches will follow gym-sanitizing protocols in between classes.
Facility changes and sanitizing protocols
- Designated workout stations will be marked to ensure members have clear visual boundaries, a 12 ft distance from each other, and feel safe during their workouts.
- There will be no sharing of barbells or rig space. Our workouts are being specifically designed with social-distancing efforts in mind.
- Common areas will remain closed at this time to help with social distancing efforts.
- All retail purchases (kiosk operation) will be conducted by a staff member (wearing disposable gloves) to limit touch points.
- Kids area will remain closed at this time.
- Showers will remain closed at this time.
- No perishable foods will be allowed to be stored or offered for sale in our kitchen area.
- All equipment and workout/high-touch areas will be disinfected between each class with EPA approved disinfectant.
- Daily full-gym cleaning protocols will be in effect.
- Multiple deep cleanings of the gym will be conducted weekly.
we are here to help you live your healthiest life
This unprecedented time does not need to leave you feeling stuck in your progress. Our group classes are designed to provide a fun and safe environment for reaching your fitness goals. If you aren’t ready for a group fitness environment, our remote coaching program will pair you with a personal accountability coach to customize workouts based on your personal goals as well as keep you motivated and on track. Regardless of where you start or where you want to end up, we will walk alongside you each step of the way. Book a free intro to get started today.